So it’s not like I ate donuts all the time prior to living gluten free, but there’s something about not being able to have something that makes you want it even more!
(Reminds me of the commercial where the little girl explains “more”)
I want more…which makes me want more!
A simple donut…without gluten and without the fat from frying.
I’m not going to call them “fonuts” which are fake donuts, because they deserve to be called
It’s a little more tedious filling them, but I thought it was fun.
I mean…a donut…seriously? I was excited.
So I topped them simply with my Vanilla Bean Coconut Milk Frosting and a few macadamia nuts. Then I tried adding a little more frosting on a few with flaked coconut and macadamia nuts. Mmmmm,
I had to start giving them away…
I ate a whole bunch of them.
Today I made “Diet Soup”.
- 1 (14 oz) can unsweetened coconut milk
- 1 vanilla bean, cut and seeds removed (you can also use 1 Tbsp vanilla bean paste)
- 1 1/2 cups AP gluten free flour (if Xanthan Gum or Guar Gum isn’t in your AP mixture add 1/2 tsp of either one)
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 1/4 cup ground macadamia nuts (ground not chopped)
- 2 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup softened butter
- 1 1/3 cup sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1/3 cup Greek Vanilla Yogurt
- 1 1/2 stick butter (3/4 cup)
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 3 1/2 – 4 cups confectioners sugar
- Remaining coconut vanilla milk (3/4 cup)
- Flaked coconut and/or macadamia nuts for topping
Beat the butter and salt until fluffy. Add 2 cups confectioners sugar and 1/2 cup coconut milk and blend until smooth. Continue adding the sugar and milk until the desired consistency is reached. You many not use all the milk or sugar. Taste for preference.