Avocado Greek Dip – Garden Fresh
Garden Fresh…clearly one of the best parts of Summer. Veggies and herbs taste brighter, fresher, and crisper than ever.
My Avocado Greek Dip starts with the silky smooth base of avocado, feta, light sour cream and low fat cream cheese. Fresh squeezed lemon, red onions, cucumbers and Greek seasonings whirl together to create a flavor explosion. Next it’s topped with tons of fresh veggies, Greek olives, crumbled feta and fresh chopped mint leaves.
All things healthy and light with the flavor burst of Mediterranean goodness.
Happy Summertime Freshness.
- 1 ripe avocado
- 5 oz low fat cream cheese
- 5 oz good Greek feta
- ⅓ cup low fat Daisy sour cream
- ¼ cup diced cucumber (seeds removed)
- 2 Tbsp chopped red onion
- Squeeze of fresh lemon juice
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1½ tsp McCormick Greek seasoning
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ½ - 1 tsp honey (to your taste...not too much)
- ¼ cup each chopped red, yellow, and green bell pepper
- 2 Chopped green onions
- ¼ cup chopped celery
- ¼ cup chopped English cucumber - skin on seeds removed
- Chopped Greek olives to taste
- Crumbled feta
- Chopped fresh mint
- Whip all Dip ingredients together in a food processor until smooth and creamy.
- Spread on platter. Top with the bell peppers, celery, cucumber, green onions, Greek olives (kalamata), and feta cheese. Sprinkle fresh mint over top. Serve immediately. If you are making up to 2 hours before, place a doubled up paper towel loosely over the top before refrigerating. The paper towel absorbs moistness from the cucumbers and other veggies so the dip doesn't get watery.