Another idea would be to add the warm sweet potatoes and red onions while the kale is still warm, then drizzle a little vinaigrette and serve it as a warm salad. That would be really good as well…hmmm, maybe even better.
The vinaigrette dressing recipe is from a good friend of mine. I added my own spinn to it, but the basic recipe is hers. Thanks A…its a keeper!
- 6 cups water in a large stock pot
- 1 heaping tsp chicken base (I use Better Than Bouillon – GF and great flavor) you can also use vegetable base to keep it vegetarian.
- A bunch of Kale, rinsed and shook dry, then rough chopped
- 1-2 sweet potatoes, cooked and peeled, cut into cubes
- 1/4 cup very thinly sliced red onion rings
- Fresh ground black pepper
- ½ cup olive oil
- 2 tsp minced red onion
- 1 Tbsp grated parmesan
- 1 tsp fine sea salt
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- Dash of Dijon mustard
- ½ tsp dried basil
- ½ tsp dried oregano
- 2-3 tsp honey (to taste)
- ½ tsp fresh ground black pepper
- ¼ cup red wine vinegar
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice