- 1 ½ cups cooked chicken breast
- 1 apple, cored, peeled and diced
- 2-3 stalks celery, diced
- 3 scallions, chopped (greens and white)
- 2 Tbsp red onion, finely chopped
- ¼ cup chopped green pepper
- 1/3 cup craisins
- ¼ cup toasted honey almond slices (check GF)
- ½ cup olive oil based mayonnaise
- 1 tsp Gluten free low salt soy sauce (organic tamari)
- 1 tsp curry powder(or more to taste)
- 2 tsp apricot preserves
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- Dash of salt and pepper
Add all the salad ingredients (except almond slices) in a medium glass bowl and toss to combine.
Mix the dressing ingredients with fork or whisk until smooth and combined and drizzle over the salad. Toss to coat all the salad ingredients and sprinkle with sliced almonds before serving. I enjoyed the salad just after making it, but allowing flavors to meld in the refrigerator for a few hours will develop the flavors even more.