Yes, that means no more twice baked potatoes (boo-hoo), mashed potatoes, rich creamy sauces, and no more flourless chocolate cakes. But we feel so much better, especially after the holiday extravaganza of food.
- 2 tuna steaks – depending on the variety of tuna, choose fresh pink or deep red – both without brown or dark areas (this part is very strong tasting). There shouldn’t be a rainbow sheen and it should smell fresh like the ocean (really). If you can’t find fresh, frozen should be just fine too from a trusted vendor.
- ¼ cup San-J gluten free teriyaki sauce
- 1 Tbsp chopped pickled ginger
- 1 chopped scallion
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 Tbsp Simply Fruit Apricot Preserves
- 1 tsp lime juice
Combine all ingredients and pour over two tuna steaks in a zip lock bag. Squeeze air out and refrigerate for at least 1 hour longer is best.
Preheat grill on high.
Lightly oil grill grate. Cook the tuna steaks for 5 to 6 minutes. Turn and cook for an additional 5 minutes, or to desired doneness. Remove from grill and set aside to cool while you prepare the salad.
Asian Apricot Salad Dressing
- 3 Tbsp apricot preserves
- 1 Tbsp Dijon
- 2 tsp gluten free Tamari soy sauce
- 3 Tbsp rice vinegar
- ½ tsp Urban Accents Asian market spice (or other Asian spice)
- ½ tsp lime juice
- Dash Crushed red pepper
- Dash Onion salt
- 1 Tbsp grated red onion
- 1 scallion chopped
- ¼ cup olive oil
- Romaine lettuce
- Red pepper thinly sliced
- 2 Scallions, chopped at angle
- Sugar snap pea pods, cut in thirds
- 1 can Mandarin oranges – drained or fresh if in season
- Very thin slices of red onion
- Honey roasted almond slivers
- Celery cut at an angle