turkey, opening a seasoning packet, and adding water. Yet as easy as that sounds, this is equally quick and easy and oh so much better! That seasoning packet hasn’t made it’s way into my shopping cart since.
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 pkg turkey store ground turkey breast
- 2 Tsp sea salt
- 1 – 4oz can diced green chili’s
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- ½ green bell pepper, chopped
- ½ red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 clove of garlic, minced
- 4 green onions, chopped (green and white parts)
- 1 Tbsp Urban Accents Mesa Rosa Chipotle seasoning
- ½ Tbsp Emeril’s Southwest seasoning
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tsp fresh black pepper
- 2 Tbsp Ortega Medium Taco Sauce
Heat the olive oil in skillet and add the ground turkey breast. Break the turkey breast into small crumbles with a spatula while browning in the olive oil and add the sea salt. On medium heat add the remaining ingredients and continue to sauté until the onions and peppers are tender and turkey is no longer pink.
Fill the taco shells with the meat mixture and sprinkle each with shredded cheese. Place on a cookie sheet and either bake them in the oven on 375 or place cookie sheet on a preheated grill until the cheese is melted.
Serve with the suggested toppings:
- Shredded Mexican style cheese
- Chopped fresh lettuce
- Chopped fresh tomatoes
- Sour Cream
- Salsa or hot sauce