The idea came from a good friend who told me about her “Dump Dinner” they made at the cabin on the 4th of July weekend. A shrimp boil is usually for a large group of people, but I scaled it down to dinner for two and the result is the picture above. So, don’t wait for an occasion to have this classic Summer Time feast, it’s easy and delicious!
- Scale down to number of people…yes even two!
- Use gluten free beer – (like Redbridge)
- Added Emeril’s Original Essence for added Cajun flavor
- Added 5 cloves of garlic – peeled and smashed
- Added Andouille Sausage, cut into 1 1/2″ wedges
- Added 1/2 fresh lemon to broth
- Used Yukon Gold Potatoes instead of Red
- Added 1 Tbsp sugar to broth
- Used peeled and deveined shrimp instead of unpeeled (only because I had them…more flavorful if you use in shells).