- Roll up a slice of good quality gf corned beef and secure it on a long toothpick
- Add a cube of Swiss cheese
- Finish with a slice of kosher dill pickle (I buy the sandwich slices and cut in pieces).
- After they are all assembled, drizzle with thousand island dressing.
YUM! They were devoured quickly so I went back to make more. I’ve made them several times since, they’re different, lean, very low-carb (cheese), and they look pretty….definitely a keeper.
- Use red and golden grape tomatoes (I like Cherubs)
- Cut the tomatoes and mozzarella in half, which makes it easier to eat
- I Kicked-up the glaze: Purchase a fig-balsamic vinegar, you should be able to find at most good grocers or online. I found mine at HomeGoods. You don’t need much, about 1/4 cup. Add about 2 tsp of vanilla bean paste for a little sweetness…taste and add more if you want…don’t make it too sweet though, the balsamic zing is needed. It’s amazing. Even people who don’t like balsamic vinegar will love this.
- To assemble, first skewer a golden tomato, then a mozzarella ball, then a red tomato, then a folded fresh basil leaf. Once all are assembled, drizzle with the Vanilla fig balsamic glaze. It’s that easy.