This picture was taken about 11:00 pm around the bonfire…
They even donned me with a birthday tiara (hehe).
The cake was amazing…and so was the love I felt.
Spread it around.
Cherry, White Chocolate, Pecan Brownies
with Vanilla Almond Cream Cheese Frosting
Preheat oven to 350 degrees and spray an 8×8 baking pan with non-stick spray
Makes 16 – 2″ square brownies
- 1 pkg King Arthur Gluten Free Brownie Mix
- 1/2 cup melted butter
- 2 Tbsp water
- 3 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp almond extract
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans (extra to sprinkle on top)
- 1/4 cup chopped Mariani Cherries (or Montmorency Cherries)
- 3/4 cup gf white chocolate chips (Ghirardelli are a great choice)
- 4 oz softened cream cheese (I like 1/3 less fat)
- 1/4 cup softened butter
- 2 cups powdered sugar (confectioners sugar)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract (Vanilla bean paste is even better!)
- 1/4 tsp almond extract
Cream all ingredients together with electric mixer until desired consistency. Spread on cooled brownies. Cut into 16 – 2″ squares and top with chopped pecans.
- In darker pans, including our corrugated King Arthur Flour/USA pans, bake for 30 to 35 minutes.
- In lighter-colored pans, bake for 35 to 40 minutes.
- For glass pans, decrease the oven temperature to 325°F, and bake for 40 to 45 minutes.