surprise of mandarin oranges. Grilled sirloin steak marinated in a simple Asian sauce made this a complete meal with thin slices placed on top. Lastly the dressing which comes together quickly is sweet yet not too with the zip of lime.
This salad is easy, delicious, and has a beautiful presentation.
- 1 cup parsley
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice (3-4 limes)
- 1 Tbsp fish sauce
- 2 Tbsp Tamari GF soy sauce
- 1 Tbsp honey
- 2 Tbsp sweet orange marmalade
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tsp Sriracha sauce
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise made with olive oil (1/3 less fat)
- 4 Tbsp seasoned rice wine vinegar
- 2 tsp sugar
- 1 tsp sesame seed oil
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp orange marmalade
- 1 Tbsp fresh squeezed lime juice
- 1 tsp toasted sesame seeds
- 4 cups butter lettuce, tore into bite sized pieces
- 1 cup mandarin oranges, drained
- 1/4 cup thin sliced red onion
- 1/2 English cucumber, not peeled, diced (if using regular cuke, peel first)
- 1/2 cup pea pods cut into thirds
- 2 carrots – julienne strips
- toasted sesame seeds
- sunflower nuts
In a small food processor or using an immersion blender, process the marinade ingredients until parsley is fully chopped and all is blended. Place the sirloin steak in resealable plastic bag and pour the marinade over all. Seal the bag removing all air and squish around to cover the steak. Allow to marinate in refrigerator at least 4 hours or overnight.
Make the dressing by combining all ingredients with a whisk. Store in refrigerator.
Remove the steak from marinade, shake off extra and discard marinade.
With grill pre-heated on high, reduce to medium-high and place steak on grill. Grill 5 minutes each side, remove from grill and cover with foil allowing to rest 10 minutes.
Toss all salad ingredients except the mandarin oranges (they are tender) in large bowl and drizzle with the dressing to desired coating. Don’t use too much…little goes a long way. Arrange the salad on separate serving plates. Slice the steak in very thin slices and place on top. of each salad. Add the mandarin oranges and enjoy! Serve dressing on the side for those who want extra.