- 1/2 of each – Red, Green, Yellow (or orange) bell peppers cut into thin strips then cut in half
- 1 jalapeno, seeded and chopped – some reserved for dressing
- 1/4 cup fresh pineapple, finely diced (be sure to use fresh)
- 1/3 cup finely sliced red onion
- 2 Tbsp chopped green onion
- 10-12 medium sized cooked shrimp, tails removed and cut in half lengthwise
- 1/2 lime juiced (if really small, use whole)
- 1/4 cup fresh pineapple juice
- Diced jalapeno to taste
- Honey if your pineapple isn’t sweet enough-add as needed but not too much or you’ll lose the fresh zip!
- Chopped cilantro is optional
Toss the salad ingredients together in a medium glass bowl. Whisk the dressing ingredients together and pour over all. Toss and serve immediately. If you make this ahead, don’t dress the salad until just before serving. Adjust ingredients to taste, adding more pineapple juice or lime juice. Serve over a bed of mixed greens and enjoy!