I used to…too. It’s uncontrollable.
Here’s a picture of their buffalo Shrimp Appetizer.
No problem! I’ve found that using crushed Gluten Free Rice Chex as the equivalent to Panko never disappoints. For these beauties I used crushed GF Rice Chex mixed with a little grated Parmesan for flavor and a few Tbsp of dry GF breadcrumbs. The coating is out-of-this-world crunchy and flavorful!
Look at these beauties. So crispy and full of flavor. Light golden brown.
Redstone tosses their shrimp in the special sauce before arranging on the plate, which adds more buffalo flavor. But my outer crust was so crisp that I decided to float them in the sauce instead. Either way works, I’ll try tossing them next time too.
They boast a gentle heat from the special sauce and a slight tang from the bleu cheese crumbles. It’s an incredible combination and I was enjoying it once again after all these years.
Since writing this post a few weeks ago, Mr. Spinner, Son Spinner, and I went to Redstone and the server introduced me to their version of Gluten Free Buffalo Shrimp! No Kidding.
Their offering was grilled buffalo shrimp, not breaded….which makes them gluten free.
It was wonderfully delicious AND lower in calorie than the deep fried.
We loved it…and I felt so special.
The guys even liked it…bonus!!
So, now you have two choices:
Original deep fried buffalo shrimp – gluten free
Grilled buffalo shrimp – gluten free
YUMMMMY either way!
“Don’t miss it….make it!”
- 6 large shrimp (21-25 count), thawed, deveined, gently cut down the back…not too deep. Dry on paper towels.
- 1 tsp your favorite GF creole or cajun seasoning (Emeril is good)
- 3 Tbsp white rice flour (or all purpose gf flour)
- 1 egg separated – whites only – combined with 1 Tbsp water
- 2 cups GF Rice Chex Cereal, crushed fine
- 2 Tbsp fine dry GF breadcrumbs (Shar brand work well)
- 1 Tbsp grated Parmesan cheese
- Peanut oil (preferred) or canola oil for frying
- Frankies Buffalo Sauce
- Favorite GF BBQ sauce (a little sweeter one is best)
- Favorite GF Bleu cheese dressing
- Bleu cheese crumbles