- 3 Tbsp butter
- 3 Tbsp all purpose GF flour
- 2 Cups GF chicken broth
- 1 cup light sour cream (Daisy)
- 1/4 cup Co-Jack cheese
- 1 (4oz) can fire roasted diced green chilis
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder (not salt)
- 1/2 tsp onion powder (not salt)
- 1 tsp Mrs. Dash Fiesta Lime seasoning (or your favorite southwest seasoning)
- 1 Tbsp brown sugar
- Few dashes of Frankies hot sauce (or your favorite)
- a few chopped green onions
- 1 pkg of Tinkyada Brown Rice Pasta Grand Shells – prepare according to directions on package
- 2 bone-in chicken breasts, poached, skinned, de-boned, and shredded (or use a GF deli-broasted chicken and shred. About 2 1/2-3 cups
- 2 tsp Mrs. Dash Fiesta Lime seasoning (or your favorite Southwest seasoning)
- 1/2 tsp fine sea salt
- 1 (4 oz) can fire roasted diced green chilis
- 2 green onions chopped
- 3/4 cup shredded Co-Jack cheese
Preheat oven to 350 degrees
Set the prepared pasta shells individually in a prep area ready to stuff. Pour about 1/4-1/3 cup of the green chili sauce in the bottom of a casserole dish that has been lightly sprayed with non-stick spray. Set remaining sauce aside.
In a medium glass bowl combine the shredded chicken, Mrs. Dash Fiesta Lime, fine sea salt, green chilis, chopped green onions, and the Co-Jack cheese.
Gently stuff each shell with the chicken filling. Place each shell, stuffed side up in the prepared pan on top of the light layer of sauce. When all shells are filled, pour the green chili sauce over the top of all stuffed shells. Sprinkle with the 3/4 cup of Co-Jack cheese.
Cover the casserole dish with lid or foil and bake in preheated oven for 18 minutes. Uncover and cook an additional 15 minutes or until the cheese becomes nicely bubbled and melty. Allow to set for 5 minutes before serving.