- 1 1/4 cups all purpose gluten free flour (see below for my go-to AP blend)
- Pinch of salt
- 4 Tbsp cold butter cut into cubes
- 3 Tbsp Crisco butter flavored shortening
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar for kneading/dusting
Preheat oven to 350 degrees
Pulse the flour, salt, butter, and shortening in food processor until small pea like crumbles form. Add the beaten egg and blend until totally combined into the dough.
Dust your working surface with the 1/4 cup of powdered sugar and gather the dough in to a ball. Knead the powdered sugar into the dough, not working too much, but blending it (you won’t use all the sugar at this point). Break the dough into pieces (see picture above) and distribute around the tart pan. Start by pressing the dough out to cover the bottom of pan, creating a ‘crust’ then halfway up the sides. Dust a little of the remaining sugar onto the dough when done. Prick the bottom with a fork.
Bake in preheated 350 degree oven for 10 minutes. Remove and set aside to cool.
- 2 pears, peeled, cored, and diced
- 10 strawberries – washed, cored, quartered
- (Total of about 3 cups fruit)
- 2 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 3 Tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tsp corn starch
- 1/2 tsp cardamom (or cinnamon if you don’t have)
In a medium glass bowl combine all filling ingredients and toss to combine. Pour into par-baked tart shell and bake 30 minutes. Pour the glaze over top and sprinkle with chopped pecans. Return to oven for another 10 minutes.
Remove from oven and allow to cool before taking outer rim off tart pan. Cut into wedges and serve with sweetened whipping cream.
- 1/3 cup Apricot preserves
- 1 Tbsp fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- Sweetened whipping cream for serving
- 2 cups white rice flour (sometimes I use sweet white rice flour for cakes)
- 2/3 cup potato starch
- 1/3 cup tapioca flour
- 3/4 tsp guar gum