Do you remember making Spaghetti Pie? I sure do…and I remember how easy it was. Funny how forgotten recipes re-surface as we comb through our recipe files looking for inspiration for the next meal. My kids loved this meal as it was more like a pizza than
spaghetti. Traditionally I made this in a pie plate and cut it in wedges…but I remember it being a bit dry. This time I baked it in a cake pan (13×9) to spread out the noodles then cut it into squares…similar to lasagna. Mmmm, soo-sooo good!
Easy right? And now you add the meat sauce…ground sirloin (or beef) browned with some onions and combined with your favorite pasta sauce. Pour over the creamy noodle layer.
Next comes the cheesy part. First mozzarella, then the cheddar – not too much but just enough – then I top it off with shaved Parmesan ( I just love shaved Parmesan…you can use grated or shredded too).
Can we say spaghetti-pizza pie???
Bake for 40 minutes or until brown and bubbly.
Waaaa-laaa! Dinner is done.
Serve with a simple green dinner salad and a nice glass of red wine.
- 1 lb ground sirloin (or beef)
- 2 tsp grill seasoning
- 1/4 cup chopped onions
- 1 jar (24-26 oz) favorite pasta sauce
- 8 oz pkg GF spaghetti noodles
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese (divided into 1/4 cups)
- 4 oz 1/3 less fat cream cheese – softened
- 1 1/4 cups light sour cream (check!) Daisy is a good GF brand
- 2 Tbsp chopped parsley
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 1/4 cups shredded mozzarella cheese (or Italian blend is good too)
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/3 cup shaved Parmesan (or grated/shredded is fine too)