“It’s one of the most digestible proteins available and specifically contains two blood building proteins–edistin and albumin. Approximately 65 percent of the protein in hemp seeds is from edistin.” Livestrong.com
When Mr. Spinner takes one to work each morning with his coffee, I know I’ve got a winning recipe…he’s not exactly a granola or protein bar kinda guy (more like an egg-white subway breakfast muffin guy).
- 2 cups GF old fashioned oats
- ¼ cup Hemp Vanilla Protein powder (Trader Joe’s brand is good)
- ½ cup Pepita’s (pumpkin seeds)
- ½ cup chopped raw almonds/cashews
- ¼ cup Flax Seed
- ½ cup shredded coconut
- 1/3 cup GF whole grain brown rice Krispies
- ½ cup 100% maple syrup
- ¼ cup packed brown sugar
- 1/3 cup peanut butter
- 1 Tbsp butter
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ½ tsp almond extract
- ½ tsp kosher salt
- 1 cup assorted dried fruit (cranberries, blueberries, cherries, golden raisins) chop if large pieces
- ½ cup mini chocolate chips
- Dip the protein balls into the chocolate and place on parchment paper to set for about 20 minutes. Can speed up hardening the chocolate by putting in refrigerator for a few minutes.
- If you made bars, drizzle the chocolate over the top of bars and allow to set.