- 4 boneless/skinless chicken Breasts, pounded to 1-4” thickness
- Salt and Pepper
- 1 ½ cups toasted whole grain gluten free bread crumbs (or purchased GF Dry bread crumbs)
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese (plus 4 Tbsp for topping)
- 1 tsp dried oregano leaves
- 1 tsp dried basil
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp onion powder
- 2 tsp paprika
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp pepper
- 2 eggs beaten with 1 Tbsp water
- 1/3 cup rice flour (I used sweet rice flour)
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 Tbsp Butter
- 4 generous slices mozzarella cheese
- Marinara sauce (recipe follows or purchase your favorite)
- Brown rice spaghetti noodles
Lightly salt and pepper both sides of the pounded chicken breasts. (If your chicken breasts seem too large after pounding, just cut in half, you’ll have enough breading)
Combine the bread crumbs, Parmesan, oregano, basil, garlic powder, onion powder, paprika, salt and pepper in plastic resealable bag. Shake ingredients around to combine well.
In two separate shallow bowls, fill one with the flour and the other with the beaten egg. Dunk one chicken breast in the flour first, then the egg wash, then the breading mixture. Press the breading into the chicken to adhere. Place on baking sheet and repeat with the remaining chicken breasts. When you’ve completed all, cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 15 minutes. (Or make ahead and refrigerate until ready to cook.)
Preheat oven to 400 degrees
In a large sauté pan, heat 2 Tbsp olive oil and 1 Tbsp butter until hot and bubbling over medium high heat. Add the chicken breasts, two at a time, and sear until golden brown (2 minutes). Turn and sear the other side for 2 minutes. Remove from pan to baking sheet. Continue with the remaining chicken.
Place in preheated oven for 8-10 minutes. Remove from oven and top with Marinara sauce, Mozzarella cheese, and Parmesan cheese. Return to oven for 5-8 minutes until cheese is brown and bubbly.
Serve over a bed of brown rice spaghetti noodles with marinara sauce. Don’t forget the wine!
- 1 – 28 oz can Muir Glen Organic crushed tomatoes with basil
- 1 – 6oz can tomato paste
- Large handful of fresh parsley leaves
- 2 cloves garlic – minced
- 1 tsp dried basil leaves
- 1 tsp oregano leaves
- 1-2 tsp brown sugar to your taste
- 1 tsp sea salt
- ½ tsp pepper
- 3 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 medium yellow onion, finely chopped
- ½ cup white wine
- 3 Tbsp grated Parmesan cheese
In a medium sauce pan over medium heat, sauté the onions in the olive oil until tender, about 3-4 minutes. Add the white wine and allow to simmer for 1 minute. Add the tomato sauce mixture and the grated Parmesan cheese. Stir to combine all ingredients and reduce heat to low. Cover and allow to simmer on low setting for 30 minutes to 1 hour, stirring often.