- 1 1/2 lbs of really good – all natural – deli turkey breast sliced a little thicker than normal – (1 lb will make about 3-4 sandwiches, depending how big you want the sandwich.) Cut the large turkey slices in thirds, creating 3” pieces.
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 Tbsp butter
- 1 sweet Vandalia Onion – (or yellow if you can’t find) I’ve also used a combination of red and vandalia.
- 1/2 Red bell pepper and 1/2 green bell pepper, cut into 1/4″ slices
- 1 Jar of Giardinara Peppers. If you can’t find them, just get a jar of sliced banana peppers and sliced red cherry peppers. As to how many to add, this is a taste preference so add 1/2 cup at a time.
- 1-2 thin slices of Swiss, provalone, Mozerella, or pepper jack cheese per sandwich
- Crusty Sub Rolls, (which are hard to find gluten free so I use my favorite GF Bread, Udi’s, and toast it).
In a saute pan, heat the olive oil and butter over medium high heat and sauté the onions, bell peppers, banana peppers, and cherry peppers until browned – but not soft. Next add the turkey slices and saute until lightly browned.
Put a generous amount of the turkey, onions, and peppers on toasted sub. Top with 1 slice of cheese (you don’t want the cheese to take over the sandwich) ** and serve with a drizzle of mustard.