Then the dressing is tossed in just before serving to keep the flavors fresh and bright. The ingredients can be altered to your preference as there are many. This is great served with grilled chicken.
- 8 oz organic brown rice pasta fusilli (corkscrew)
- 1 1/2 cups combination of pepperoni, salami slices , and ham – julienned into 1/4″ pieces
- ½ cup of diced celery
- ½ cup each of green, red, and yellow bell peppers
- ½ cup chopped tomatoes
- Black olives – either sliced or whole
- Green Olives – either sliced or whole (these add a flavor punch!)
- 1/4 cup Peperoncini diced into ½” pieces
- Finely chopped red onion
- 1 – 6 oz jar marinated artichoke hearts quartered. Drained, chopped
- ¼ cup shredded Asiago/Ramano/Parmesan cheese blend (try DiGiorno Brand in deli)
- 2 Tbsp dry Hidden Valley Brand Farmhouse Originals Homestyle Italian Dressing Mix
(***My recipe use to call for Good Seasons 1 – .06 oz pkg (Dry)
Good Seasons Zesty Italian Salad Dressing Mix *** They have reformulated their mix and is no longer gluten free.)
- ½ cup olive oil
- 3 Tbsp white balsamic vinegar
- Juice of ½ fresh lemon
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 Tbsp dried oregano
- 2 Tbsp fresh chopped parsley
- 2 Tbsp grated Parmesan cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste.
Cook the noodles according to directions on package until al dente’. Drain and rinse with cold water. Add the cooked noodles, pepperoni, salami, ham, and all vegetables in a large glass bowl. Toss in the Asiago cheese blend and sprinkle the dry dressing mix over all and toss to coat well. Cover and refrigerate at least 1 hour…several is better.
This salad is great to make ahead for a party. Bring the noodle mixture, garnishes, and dressing separate and toss just before serving.
Note: I brought the leftover salad to work the following day and the flavors will still fresh and bright…I have to say this is the best ever. Don’t skimp on the ingredients, the combination of all makes for a lasting punch of flavor.