White Bean Salad
A light and flavorful salad that’s great for a luncheon
or packed in individual containers for work.
- 2 cans albacore white tuna packed in water, drained and lightly flaked – keep firm
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 firm ripe tomato seeded and sliced into think wedges or 12 grape tomatoes cut in half
- 1 small red pepper and 1 small yellow pepper, seeded and diced
- 1-15 oz can white beans or cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup fresh Haricot Vert Beans (if available), blanched and cut into thirds (or to use frozen, lightly steam and shock in cold water to hold a crisp)
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions – white and green parts
- 2 hard boiled eggs, diced (optional)
- Chopped fresh Italian parsley
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 2 Tblsp Balsamic Vinegar
- 1 Tblsp Fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons Dijon Mustard
- 2 minced cloves of Garlic
- 1 Tblsp Honey
- 2-3 Tbsp Olive Oil
- Sea Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
Combine all ingredients for the dressing in a small food processor and blend. Then slowly add the olive oil blending until combined. Salt and pepper to taste.
In a large glass or ceramic bowl, combine the salad ingredients (except for the eggs) and toss until combined. Pour the dressing over all and mix until coated. Gently toss the eggs (if using) in last so as not to smash. Garnish with a sprig of Italian Parsley. Serve with gluten-free multi grain bread.