My kicked-up Caesar salad is consistently a winner, whether we make it our main dish by adding grilled chicken or serve it as a first course, it never disappoints. It’s a classic recipe with the addition of two high-flavor ingredients that make this salad one you’ll often refer back to.
It’s easy and fast with the convenience of a great bottled dressing that is also gluten free. I love Parmesan cheese, so much so that I eat chunks of it for a snack. The measurements below are tailored to a ‘normal’ person’s taste for Parmesan, but I add several dustings of it until the salad screams, Splendido!
- 1 head of Romaine Lettuce (preferably organic)
- 8 slices of uncured bacon (or ham)
- 1/4 cup red onion – sliced as thin as you can get it and again in half (to make slivers)
- 1/4 cup freshly shredded Parmesan cheese
- 4 Tbsp grated Parmesan cheese (or more to taste)
- Gluten Free croutons (recipe follows)
- Fresh cracked black pepper
- Cardini’s Ceasar Salad Dressing
- 4 Slices Udi’s brand whole grain bread
- 1 Tbsp Olive oil
- 1/2 tsp Garlic salt
- 1 Tbsp Parmesan Cheese
- 1 tsp fresh black pepper